Yanko Design is completely smitten by modern product design that is inspiring and innovative. As we progress to the next level in online media reporting and publication, we are looking for a full-time senior editor to help us reach our new goals. Influencing raw minds with engaging design stories and supporting them with captivating images, is what we excel at.
As a passionate design enthusiast, our new senior editor will source design stories, photoshop, write and publish content on the site Monday through Friday.
We cannot emphasize enough that you have to be someone who has an excellent eye for design, sense of story structure and can clearly convey insights – and do so in a way that’s distinct, fascinating and in a voice that fits YD.
· Source, photoshop, write and publish 4-5 pieces a day.
· Develop inspiring angles and make sure they come through clearly in stories.
· Moderate comments and reply to those, which require an answer.
· Interact with international designers and get exclusive interviews/contents.
· Social Media – Facebook / Twitter Management.
· Strong interests in design, technology and culture.
· Proficiency in US English. International applicants are welcome.
· Photoshop skills.
· Knowledge and familiarity with online publishing tools (WordPress) and basic HTML.
· At least two years of experience writing for the web.
· Familiarity with Social Media Tools.
· Laptop / Computer with appropriate softwares and reliable Internet connection, as this is a remote position.
· Report / represent YD and travel internationally to attend award functions, events and exhibitions.
· Video editing and Podcasting Skills are preferred but not a requirement.
If you would like to be part of the YD family, then –
- Please send in two samples, written in YD style to the mail address email@example.com
- This is a remote position, so please let us know which country you are from.
“The YD style” doesn’t mean a generic-sounding voice – think about how your own writing style and voice can shine through while still fitting YD.
( H/T: Yanko Design )